John Rocque mapped the whole of Berkshire in 1761. See the Hamstead Marshall area extracted.
Davis’ map of Newbury in 1849 also covers the parish, but the accuracy of some detail is questionable.
The Ordnance Survey map of six inches to the mile shows intriguing detail of the 1880s.
(Please note these maps are large files)
Historical gazetteer of the village
This gazetteer of Hamstead’s house and place names includes individual house histories, some illustrations and names some past occupants.
Hamstead listed buildings and protected sites are detailed here.
See a pictorial account of the architectural development of St Mary’s Church over nine centuries.