Hamstead Marshall
village hall
Where is it?

The village hall is in Park Lane: about 200 yards north of Ash Tree Corner, about 400 yards west of the Craven Arms, and about 300 yards east of the White Hart. Turn north at Ash Tree Corner.
Postcode RG20 0HL
Hamstead Marshall Village Hall was built in 1895 as a village school, converting to community use in 1933. Since then it has undergone numerous refurbishments to instal modern facilities. However the original Victorian charm has been retained.

A high ceiling and a large north window give the main hall a light and airy feel. It measures 17-feet by 30-feet, and can take up to 55 people. There is also an entrance lobby with coat hooks, a fully fitted kitchen, a rear lobby with storage, and toilets with nappy-changing facilities. Heating is by wall-mounted infra-red units. All areas have disabled access. Outside there is a car park and outdoor play area.

See a plan of the hall.
Hall hire

Winter rate October to May is £8.00 per hour inclusive of utility charges.

Summer rate June to September is £7.00 per hour inclusive of utility charges.

No additional charges are made for use of the glasses, crockery or cutlery, but please report any breakages. Large teapots and hot water urn are available on request.

For children under 5 small tables and chairs are available free of charge (seating for up to 20).

The hall’s capacity (fire regulations and health and safety) is 55.

The recreation field beside the hall is available to use during a hire. However, as it is a village facility, usage by hall hirers is not guaranteed to be exclusive.

Please note that:
                bouncy castles cannot be used inside the hall;
                bookings for teenage parties cannot be accepted.

Contact for hire is Sue Watts: email or 01488 658932, 07884 004418.
villhall int.jpg
101127 walk tea .jpg

chair Sue Watts 01488 658932 or 07884 004418
vice chair Peter Chaffey 01488 657115
treasurer Gill Cook 01488 658333
bookings Sue Watts 01488 658932
secretary Lorraine Allen 01488 658333
parish council rep Stuart Morton
key holder Peter Chaffey 01488 657115
facilities Liz Copas
131100 vill hall play area.jpg
Hamstead Marshall homepage

what’s happening
noticeboard latest village news
what’s on upcoming village events
Hamstead Hornet quarterly news sheet

leisure and pleasure
getting around maps; public transport; cycling; horse-riding
local walks
wildlife watch
village societies
village hall

village admin
facts & figures
parish council
parish plan
village design statement
WBC services

local history
homepage and old map links
village history in brief
A-Z of houses historical gazetteer
listed buildings and sites 
family history sources

St Mary’s Church
homepage with contacts
architectural history
rectors since 1241

open for business
local business homepage community market, oil group, broadband
village hall hire
village suppliers directory
other local suppliers a-z

now take the tour...
gallery a choice of four slide shows of village scenes past and present

Your comments and questions are welcome.
Copyright Penelope Stokes 2017

local history books by Penelope Stokes
“Craven Country (SOLD OUT)
“Enborne & Wash Common
Free Rein: Racing in Berkshire and Beyond 1700-1905”
“The Common Good: the Story of Greenham Common”